Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Living with a partner

Ness1966Ness1966 Member Posts: 1 Listener
my partner is on income related ESA and has moved in with me, she is placed in Support Group. I work full time for 37 hours a week, she is concerned how this will affect her benefits. Can anyone please advise

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If all of her ESA is Income Related then she will need to report those changes ASAP to DWP and her ESA will stop. You working full time will mean she won't be entitled to any ESA but she'll continue to receive NI credits towards her state pension.

If part of is is Contributions based then she'll continue to receive this and just the Income Related part will stop.

Whether you'll both be entitled to Universal Credit will depend on your circumstances. Popping both of your details into a benefits calculator will tell you what you maybe able to claim.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.