Living with a partner — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living with a partner

Options
Ness1966
Ness1966 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
my partner is on income related ESA and has moved in with me, she is placed in Support Group. I work full time for 37 hours a week, she is concerned how this will affect her benefits. Can anyone please advise

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If all of her ESA is Income Related then she will need to report those changes ASAP to DWP and her ESA will stop. You working full time will mean she won't be entitled to any ESA but she'll continue to receive NI credits towards her state pension.

If part of is is Contributions based then she'll continue to receive this and just the Income Related part will stop.

Whether you'll both be entitled to Universal Credit will depend on your circumstances. Popping both of your details into a benefits calculator will tell you what you maybe able to claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.