Fibromyalgia - claiming PIP when partially deaf — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Fibromyalgia - claiming PIP when partially deaf

lindsw Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can I claim pip.       I.  Can't do it over phone as I'm. Partially deaf.  What can I do 


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,923 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lindsw welcome to the community! Do tou have a friend or family member that can speak on your behalf? You would need to give permission to enable them to speak for you. PIP is not based on the conditions you have but instead it is based on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities and your mobility. If you have any further questions then please let us know :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cristobal
    cristobal Member Posts: 987 Disability Gamechanger
    @lindsw - if you search on line there's different phone numbers for DWP if you have text phone ...also for sign language users..maybe you could try one of those??
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Hello @lindsw

    Anyone can make a claim for PIP.

    If you go to this page there are details of the different ways you can claim PIP. This includes post, video, and text phone as mentioned by Chrisobal.


  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    @jaja is right. Anyone can apply for PIP. You have to basically provide a ton of detail on your conditions. I recommend obtaining advice when completing the application form as the questions can be confusing. CAB have a useful information guide here worth reading.
    Good luck! Make sure you understand each question and what they are asking for. Send photocopies of all evidence by recorded delivery along with the form. Get help with the process.
    Do you have a social worker or not? My son’s amazing social worker helped me fill out the form. Let us know if you have other questions. Keep us updated as well. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.