Fibromyalgia - claiming PIP when partially deaf — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia - claiming PIP when partially deaf

Options
lindsw
lindsw Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can I claim pip.       I.  Can't do it over phone as I'm. Partially deaf.  What can I do 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lindsw welcome to the community! Do tou have a friend or family member that can speak on your behalf? You would need to give permission to enable them to speak for you. PIP is not based on the conditions you have but instead it is based on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities and your mobility. If you have any further questions then please let us know :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lindsw - if you search on line there's different phone numbers for DWP if you have text phone ...also for sign language users..maybe you could try one of those??
  • jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @lindsw

Anyone can make a claim for PIP.

If you go to this page https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim there are details of the different ways you can claim PIP. This includes post, video, and text phone as mentioned by Chrisobal.

J

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @jaja is right. Anyone can apply for PIP. You have to basically provide a ton of detail on your conditions. I recommend obtaining advice when completing the application form as the questions can be confusing. CAB have a useful information guide here worth reading. 
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/how-to-claim/
    Good luck! Make sure you understand each question and what they are asking for. Send photocopies of all evidence by recorded delivery along with the form. Get help with the process.
    Do you have a social worker or not? My son’s amazing social worker helped me fill out the form. Let us know if you have other questions. Keep us updated as well. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.