DLA TO PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Georgia63 Member Posts: 27 Connected
Hello I'm on DLA and I got a  letter to say I have to claim for pip. I'm worried as I hear a lot of people lose there DLA money after trying to move to pip. I am on indefinitely payment on DLA. But it does not make any difference once your trying for pip. I have systemic Lupus. Fibromyalgia and on tablets for depression.  What are my chances of getting pip. I suffer with anxiety and it's making me worried. Thank you 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,253 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. No one can tell you whether you're entitled to PIP because only you know how your conditions affect you.

    When you make that call to start your PIP claim off you can ask for your DLA file to be taken into consideration.

    When you receive the PIP2 forms you should fill them out with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding a couple of examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Any evidence you have to support your claim should be sent with the form because they rarely contact anyone for this.

    If you don't have enough time to return the form you can ring DWP to request a further 14 days.

    Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

    Providing you return the forms on time, your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP.

    This link will help you find what's local to you for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.