Dla payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla payment

Pascoe25
Pascoe25 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello

I'm going over to pip on the 14th of August but this morning received my last dla payment. Will I receive anymore from dla because it's only the 7th today?

Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If that's your last DLA payment then this means you won't receive anymore. Your next payments will be PIP. Check your PIP award and it will tell you on there when to expect payment and for how much.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pascoe25
    Hello

That's why I'm confused. My letter says dla ends 13th then pip kicks in from the 14th. I don't know that today's payment is my last one but just seems strange to receive it a week before it ends. 

Thanks 

Sam
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    All I can tell you from my experience, is when I moved from DLA to PIP i lost a weeks payment of DLA @Pascoe25
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    When was your last DLA payment and was the payment you received today, your usual amount? DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and a week in advance. PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pascoe25
    My last full dla was on the 24th for £234.80 which is the middle care. Today I had £117.40 which is two weeks of middle care. I just thought I'd have my last payment close to the end date. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.