Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

Options
CheeseDog
CheeseDog Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I have been trying to look all over for information online regarding this and have had no luck. 

I was awarded pip back in October 2016 and this was awarded until April 2020 

My form said I would be contacted after April 2019 (a year before my claim ends) 

And I've yet to receive anything 

I'm 22 years old and I'm diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, Hypersensitivity, Dyslexia, Asthma, depression and anxiety 

The fact I have not heard anything yet is stressing me out a lot. I live alone and have no family who live close by to support me, I also do not have a social worker despite the ASD and ADHD teams telling me they applied me for one back in January 2019 due to the stress I am constantly under due to living alone and having a lack of support for my needs. 

I get very overwhelmed quickly and have never worked (I am on ESA for all the above also)

Due to becoming overwhelmed and emotional very quickly I struggle talking on the phone, I'm also anxious about contacting DWP over this, I know I'm going to likely have to contact them but I thought any insight from this site first may be of help to me.

Many thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP review times have now changed to 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before. They haven't actually contacted anyone regarding this and they probably won't. It just leaves lots of people worrying when the form will drop through the letter box.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CheeseDog
    Options
    Hi,

PIP review times have now changed to 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before. They haven't actually contacted anyone regarding this and they probably won't. It just leaves lots of people worrying when the form will drop through the letter box.
    Oh I see :( That doesn't sound particularly great. 

I hate not being able to mentally prepare myself for things in advance. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My wording probably wasn't that great here, sorry. When i said it will leave a lot of people worrying about when the form will drop through the letter box, i meant those that don't know the review date changes. As you now know it's 6 months, rather than 12 months i hope this will at least help because now you'll be able to mentally prepare yourself for the 6 month review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CheeseDog
    Options
    My wording probably wasn't that great here, sorry. When i said it will leave a lot of people worrying about when the form will drop through the letter box, i meant those that don't know the review date changes. As you now know it's 6 months, rather than 12 months i hope this will at least help because now you'll be able to mentally prepare yourself for the 6 month review.
    I just wish I had known that back when they said I'd be due the review, seems terrible that many people aren't going to be informed and will just be left waiting 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.