Enquiring — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Jazzlady2019 Member Posts: 1 Listener

I claim ESA and PIP and over the years I have borrowed money to a friend. Total is £1,500 and he has the money to pay me back. I know I am not allowed over the £6,000 savings but if they transfer the money to me I still will be under the £6,000 savings amount.

If this is paid to me and I am still under the £6,000. Do I still have to inform DWP?

Really need help.

Thank you.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.