Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Im a newbe on this site so here goes I am 68 yrs old and for the past three years have suffered with various body pains, worse over time. ( Pain and sorness at base of spine, dreadful headaches, pins needles, mainly on soles of my feet but could occure anywhere, also a mild shivering feeling when i touch any part of my body also when i dress and undress.The worst is on my scalp, occures nunerouse times a day proceeds either down my armsand legs. I beleive its all coming from my spine but Drs beleive its all in the mind! They diagnosed it as Perepheral Nuropathy? I was prescribed antidepressants 18mths ago Symptoms never leave me, its relentless. I am normally a very positive person, full of life but of course that has changed. . I go out most days even at its worse..As i live on my own i find it soooo much harder to cope with.the condition. Have tried avery allternative treatment but nothing works including meditation.. Best to u all..
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.