Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I was told today that I am unable to get direct payments as I receive ESA and DLA. Is this correct information. Scope should have someone employed in their organisation to support people with cerebral palsy and know exactly what benefits/direct payments are available. Also, have an advocacy service to voice people who have to fight for support in their lives. Scope was brilliant in the past supporting people who have cerebral palsy in my area. I used to have a welfare officer that visited me in my home and she would work with me to find solutions.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.