PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Correspondence from DWP‘’

Neldo9Neldo9 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there, this my first time joining your forum, thank you for allowing me to join in. I supported my partner to her PIP assessment which I believe went well (but you can never tell really what is going to happen). Anyway my partner then received a follow up phone call from another assessor asking questions to ‘fill in some gaps’, the caller stated that a decision would be made in approximately 6 weeks. 5 weeks down the line my partner has now received a letter from DWP stating that they now have all the information they required to make a decision on her PP claim, no need to contact them and they would write out again. Has anyone else ever received this letter before a decision is finalised? Feedback most welcome please. Thank you, Neil

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The letter that was received is a standard letter sent to everyone and it doesn't really mean anything. Decisions waiting times after this letter could still be 8 weeks, sometimes longer. There's no timescales for decisions.

Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, this will tell you what the decisions is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • vivienne1vivienne1 Member Posts: 18 Connected
    edited August 2019
    Hi I received a similar letter. When I phoned I was told it was taking 10 weeks for a decision in my area which ties in with poppy’s timeline as the letter took over two weeks to get to me going by the date on the letter. 
  • Neldo9Neldo9 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi there, thank you so much for your swift response you have been a great help with the information provided. We were not sure what to make of this correspondence, it seems to me that they are playing with people’s emotions. It is good to know that we can support each other.
    Kind regards, Neil
  • chris74chris74 Member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi, I'm at a similar stage in my pip claim. I received the letter your stating on the 16th July, but DWP quote timescales from the date they received the F2F medical report, so the letter saying they have all they need seems an automated response that doesn't really reflect much. I was told by pip today that they have staff shortages (it is the summer holiday season) so I could be waiting another 2 to 8 weeks. My f2f was 18th June and I applied for a new claim in April. It seems like this long waiting is common, but still very stressful. 

I wish you all the best.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Neldo9 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope other members have been able to kindly answer your question. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • Neldo9Neldo9 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you all so much, it is a real comfort knowing that I can learn from the lovely people in Scope Community and allow me to pass on knowledge to my partner who claims DWP benefits
    Kindest regards
    Neil
Sign in or join us to comment.