Correspondence from DWP‘’ — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Correspondence from DWP‘’

Options
Neldo9
Neldo9 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi there, this my first time joining your forum, thank you for allowing me to join in. I supported my partner to her PIP assessment which I believe went well (but you can never tell really what is going to happen). Anyway my partner then received a follow up phone call from another assessor asking questions to ‘fill in some gaps’, the caller stated that a decision would be made in approximately 6 weeks. 5 weeks down the line my partner has now received a letter from DWP stating that they now have all the information they required to make a decision on her PP claim, no need to contact them and they would write out again. Has anyone else ever received this letter before a decision is finalised? Feedback most welcome please. Thank you, Neil

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The letter that was received is a standard letter sent to everyone and it doesn't really mean anything. Decisions waiting times after this letter could still be 8 weeks, sometimes longer. There's no timescales for decisions.

Ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report, this will tell you what the decisions is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vivienne1
    vivienne1 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi I received a similar letter. When I phoned I was told it was taking 10 weeks for a decision in my area which ties in with poppy’s timeline as the letter took over two weeks to get to me going by the date on the letter. 
  • Neldo9
    Options
    Hi there, thank you so much for your swift response you have been a great help with the information provided. We were not sure what to make of this correspondence, it seems to me that they are playing with people’s emotions. It is good to know that we can support each other.
    Kind regards, Neil
  • chris74
    chris74 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Hi, I'm at a similar stage in my pip claim. I received the letter your stating on the 16th July, but DWP quote timescales from the date they received the F2F medical report, so the letter saying they have all they need seems an automated response that doesn't really reflect much. I was told by pip today that they have staff shortages (it is the summer holiday season) so I could be waiting another 2 to 8 weeks. My f2f was 18th June and I applied for a new claim in April. It seems like this long waiting is common, but still very stressful. 

I wish you all the best.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Neldo9 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope other members have been able to kindly answer your question. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• Neldo9
    Options
    Thank you all so much, it is a real comfort knowing that I can learn from the lovely people in Scope Community and allow me to pass on knowledge to my partner who claims DWP benefits
    Kindest regards
    Neil

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.