Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I’m in receipt of Carers allowance & income support as I care for a gentleman friend, I’ve just lost my mum in April after 12 years of dementia, since then I crashed continually visiting the doctors, blood tests, pain in my body & very painfully headaches list is endless, just been diagnosed with stage four depression & anxiety and two blood tests abnormal ENA, going in the direction of RA lupus, had a severe anxiety attack this weekend just gone end result hospital by ambulance breathing was bad was put on 2mg diazepam, back to the doctors Wednesday this week, she was going to sign me off work but going to see how I am next, my question is of some concern as I do not know where I stand with my benefits and how I apply for esa & pip ? As I know I cannot work plus my psychologist has a care plan in place but on a waiting list
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.