Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pip waiting times.
Hi there, I'm 25years old and applying for PIP. I had a letter to say they received my forms on the 18th June and that i would most likely have an face to face assessment within 8 weeks, its now been 9 weeks, so i called them again today and and got the same answer as i did about 3 weeks ago saying that they are waiting for a health professional to become available in my area for a home visit. Which i need because i cant drive at the moment. I live in the south west and just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting their home visit?? The hole process is meant to be 12-14 weeks and it looks like mine will take much longer. In at a bit of a loss of what to do, do i just sit and wait?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.