new date for appeal worried — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new date for appeal worried

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
Hello i am back after being in and out of hospital i never went to my pip appeal as i couldnt get there i wrote to the judge and they accepted that i rely on my son to bring me but he was at a course for those dates lucky they said they would send another date which they have september 10th in a few weeks time now my nerves are in bits also when i got my new appeal date yesterday they sent someone else appeal letter in with mine which i really could not understand ive just phoned them as this person has their appeal 40 mins before me on same date lady said its a data breach and they going to phone me im just thinking the poor person would of missed their appeal if i did not phone up  im so nervous about the appeal  and to go through all of this again any tips thanxs in advance x

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I've seen that a few times in the last few days! I think I saw it on Facebook where a lady got her appeal papers and the papers of 2 others.  :/
  • FaryBerguson
    FaryBerguson Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Isn't it nice to know our welfare state is in such capable hands?

I'm told that appeals have a much better than even chance of success, and this is just the DWP's horrible way of discouraging people from making and pursuing claims. It's SO nasty and SO stressful, and it speaks of such ignorance and utter lack of care for people's well-being.

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this, but you're doing absolutely the right thing in following through with it, and letting people know the idiocy you're faced with.

Really best of luck with it all, one day - as long as people keeping speaking up - this will improve. X

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @misstracey, I'm sorry to hear the date has been moved. I really hope it goes okay for you!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.