Judge not sign SOR by deadline — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Judge not sign SOR by deadline

memyself Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
what happens now. Successful tribunal first but dwp sent statements of reasons back to judge presumably for upper tribunal. Pip say it’s up to judge to send information to them. 


  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @memyself.
    First of all, congratulations on your successful appeal, I am sorry this does not seem to be the end of the matter for you!
    You said that the DWP has sent the statement of reasons back to the judge. I am not sure what you mean by this. Have they asked for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal? To do this, they would need to establish that there was an error of law made at the 1st tier tribunal.
    Do you also mean that PIP have not received a decision notice from the Tribunal? They are right that it is up to the Tribunal Service to pass this on for the benefit to be put into payment.
  • memyself
    memyself Member Posts: 4 Listener
    They’ve asked for a statement of reasons and the judge has to sign it. That’s all I know. Does this mean once the judge sends the information then they have to decide?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,154 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for the SOR to be sent, they can take as long as they want. Once it's sent DWP then have 1 month to appeal but they can't do this without finding the error in law. They rarely appeal but do sometimes request the SOR. Backdated money can take 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @memyself, I hope you are not waiting too much longer. :)


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.