Blue Badge and Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue Badge and Pip

HP10UGH
HP10UGH Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, if I am not awarded PIP, will my Blue Badge be taken away.  ??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll get to keep it until it expires. When you renew it, you'll need evidence to support your claim and an assessment could needed.

To automatically qualify for a blue badge under PIP then you need to score at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility.

Following and planning a journey doesn't automatically qualify you, unless you live in Wales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HP10UGH
    HP10UGH Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • Castleford1
    Castleford1 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    New rules now in place for people with hidden disabilities ie dementia, autism, learning disabilities which cover planning and following a journey.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    New rules now in place for people with hidden disabilities ie dementia, autism, learning disabilities which cover planning and following a journey.
    They apply from 30th August 2019 but they won't apply to everyone. To automatically qualify under these rules you need to have scored 10 points in activity 11E.

Entitlement will also be extended to those who are assessed as having an enduring and substantial difficulty which causes them during a journey to either:

• Be unable to walk.
    • Experience very considerable difficulty whilst walking, which may include very considerable psychological distress.
    • Be at risk of serious harm when walking; or pose, when walking, a risk of serious harm to any other person.
    https://www.contact.org.uk/news-and-blogs/new-blue-badge-rules-in-england-to-come-into-force-on-30-august/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.