Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pip and Judges decision
Hi, I went to court over my PIP claim 5 years ago and was awarded it, the judge said until 21.09.2019. I find myself in the same position as others having to re-apply, this was started 8 months before the revision date. They decided to not award me again in April, so I have to go the the reconsideration and maybe court process again. But by law can they stop paying before the judges finish date? I appreciate after this date the above could happen? But this way I have lost 6-8 months of awarded payments.... and hopefully I will win again shortly but, as you know with a life changing condition, things will not get any better. Thanks for your advice.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.