PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip in hospital

patchypatchy Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello
my 34 year old son is in a ICU mental hospital and been there for 2 years, his pip stopped as expected but for the last 6 months he has not eaten the hospital food due to his mental condition. We are supplying him with food. Can he get some of his pip re instated? 

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @patchy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining.

Sorry to hear this.  

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join.

In response to your question I am not too sure of an answer.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team be able to advise.

Hopefully be in touch.

Benefits are complex and confusing you need the right information.

Please have you spoken to CAB.  Your local office might be able to answer.

Please is there any thing we can help with please get in touch.

Happy to help and be supportive ready to listen.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Im sorry to hear this. I'm afraid because he's been in hospital for more than 28 days then he won't be entitled to receive any PIP payments.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,293 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes poppy is right no payments are made for PIP once you have a stay in hospital of 28 days or longer, and should you not inform DWP of an over stay of 28 days any overpayment of your PIP benefits will have to be repaid. 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @patchy and a very warm welcome to the community!

To agree with the others, PIP isn't awarded in this case. However, I understand the financial strain this will cause. Please have a look at the grant checker which may provide more information.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.