insufficient information was taken at the first assessment, anyone else come across this situation? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

insufficient information was taken at the first assessment, anyone else come across this situation?

clover22
clover22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,I had my pip assessment with capita on the 2nd August this year,currently in recent of disabled living allowance.
All seemed to go well,have now received letter identical to the first for another assessment.
Turns out that insufficient information was taken at the first assessment despite being questioned none stop for well over an hour.
I am extremely paranoid about having to go through all this again, anyone else come across this situation?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @clover22   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.  

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

You have done nothing wrong to reassure you.

I can understand the anxiety and stress.  You are not alone. We are here to support you .

I would suggest if you can find some one to attend with you . Through this.

When you need to go again .  Might be a friend or a support or health worker.

Does help.  Then they can speak for you if you need to. 

Hope that helps.

Please if you wish to ask them. PIP call them and ask why do you need another assessment.

Helpline 0800 121 4433.

Please if we can help with anything further. Please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • clover22
    Thanks for your support ?,have already phoned pip,they were the ones who told me that capita had taken insufficient information
    I am going to my Dr to hopefully get some written support,as I have already undergone interrogation once and don't intend to do it again
    They can make do with what I already told them
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You maybe better off ringing the health assessment providers to ask why another face to face assessment is needed. It has been known for this to happen, although it's rare. You may have no option but to attend this other assessment if they haven't got enough information, otherwise they won't be able to assess you correctly. I'm assuming that no report has been returned to DWP yet? If not then i'm not sure how DWP will know that enough information's been received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clover22 and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry about this, I completely appreciate how stressful these assessments are and I can understand your hesitation to go back. It's probably best to ring and see why another assessment is needed.

Please do keep us updated and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• clover22
    Thanks everyone ????nice to know there are people out there 
    I have already spoken to capita ,they are the ones who say there assessor didn't conduct"a robust interview"!!!!!

When I first phoned them they said that DWP had asked for further assessment,when I contacted them,they had no such notes on their system,and by then phoning capita I found out the problem lay with capita

They said that if  couldn't face another assessment to send in medical evidence

I suffer from epilepsy, severe sleep apnea,night terrors, depression
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Your situation is very frustrating, @clover22 . I would encourage you to go to the second face to face assessment if possible. Look at it this way - DWP could just have pressed on and made a decision based on inadequate information which likely would mean an incorrect decision that you had to challenge. At least this way they are trying to give you a fair chance at being properly assessed. An assessor who fails to explore and test the evidence fully lets the DWP and especially the claimant down.

I once had an ESA face to face cancelled in the assessment centre when a nurse refused to see me saying my case was so complex that I needed to see a doctor. I was sent home and had to come back several weeks later to see a doctor - but that did result in a correct decision being made.

Sending over good wishes - it must be especially frustrating being in this situation when there are mental health issues in play and it sounds like you struggle to get good quality sleep.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.