Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, anyone with or supporting someone with Tourettes and/or FND/MUS/Non-epileptic seizures?
Hi, I have just joined. My son is 11 and has had TS for a long time. More recently he has developed non-epileptic seizures and functional symptoms as well that have been diagnosed as Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS). He is starting high school next week and I am very nervous though we have provision in place to support him. His sister has bad anxiety and low moods. Just wondering if anyone out there is in a similar position either with the conditions or sibling needing extra support just to say I or share some advice. Thanks!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.