Diverticulitis disease — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diverticulitis disease

Options
Jpg1221
Jpg1221 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone
I have just joined this site, 
I have been looking through google for some answers / help with the above mentioned. I have had this for years and just been given a diagnosis, i am also suffering with anxiety attacks, these are very new ? my gp had told me years ago i had really bad IBS, but i have been going to my gp for ages to get more investigation done. I have had a handfull of colonoscopies done and they said i have a worn bowl, but also the diverticulitis is quite bad, i used to drive trucks for a living and got a promotion, thank god, to transport manager, but living with IBS and diverticulitis has been hell. I have had episodes where i have been caught short and soiled myself, not only whilst out driving but also sat in my office, i also sometimes have phantom poos, but then discover that i cant stop the bowl movement when it is way too late. This condition is draining and i have had loads of time off work to be close to a toilet, luckily i have a rwally understanding boss who says work from home. However, i was looking to cut my hours at work and wondered if anyone knows the possibilities of claiming dla / pip etc ? 
Thanks in advance and sorry if the question is really long.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.