Hopeful65 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hopeful65

Hopeful65
Hopeful65 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2019 in Work and employment
Hi everyone. This is my first time on here. I am 54 and I suffer quite badly with osteoarthritis that affects most of my joints. It has deteriorated quite rapidly over the past 10 years which causes problems with mobility and dexterity. I used to work as a senior carer and NVQ Assessor, working in care for 25 years, hence the arthritis. I had to give up my job that I loved, even though it was low paid, because the pain was getting too much to cope with. When I was receiving JSA, I was given conflicting information from the job centre and told to apply for jobs that I could not physically do, or had experience to do. I found the whole experience depressing causing anxiety which made the pain worse. I would love to work and do something worthwhile. I am looking at working from home. Is there anyone out there with a similar story or can offer some advice and tips. Thank you

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.