Direct Payments for Social Care support
I'd really appreciate some personal experience on what Social Care would like grant/agree to in terms of Section 17 Child's Plan support services for a disabled 6 year old Autistic Boy (we have been granted a Child's plan). We would like to have some respite care and also some support in him going out to some fun/development activities.
Also, how many hours per week is normally granted?
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.