Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
NHS Prescription ESA
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. Yesterday I went to a different pharmacy for my prescription. I filled in ESA part name dob NI number. She asked if I had any proof of benefits I said no as Ive never been ask this before. I went and got my ESA award letter from April which was ok. I asked if I would have to get an up to date letter each month just to get my medication she said no but pharmacist said letters and form are renewed every October. Felt anxious as other chemist just told me to fill in ESA name dob NI number as they do their own checks. Don't know what he meant by renewed end of October. Does anyone else know. Much appreciated.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.