Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is Jon1969!
Hi everyone! I'm Jon1969. I'm a newbie here. I'm 49 years old and have lived with hidden disabilities for many years. I'm a type 1 disbetic and have been since I was a teenager, I now suffer with many diabetes related health issues. I suffer with peripheral neuropathy in my feet and legs mainly which causes an awful lot of pain, I also have autonomic neuropathy which also causes pain in various parts of my body, from abdomen to back and neck mainly. I also have rheumatoid arthritis in my hips, spine and hands. The autinomuc neuropathy also causes issues with food digestion and bowel movements along with some slightly more, shall we say, private dysfunctions. I'm also partially sighted, due to congenital cateracs and am also now suffering with glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy both of which are beginning to cause a further deterioration in my vision. I have more recently been diagnosed with osteoperosis after suffering with a series of unexplained fractures, having never broken a single bone in my body prior to the beginning of this year. I have also this year seperated from my wife of 25 years and now find myself living alone for the first time in my life. Which at first I found really daunting but am gradually adapting and finding that focusing on my own health issues is allowing me better medical management than previously. Its kind of looking after number 1 which sounds a little selfish I know but its working for me. Anyway, thats me! Happy to chat and discuss matters, so pkease dob't hesitate to get in touch. Many thanks
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.