had enough — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

had enough

pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
DWP have just called me to cancel my f2f for the 2nd time...it is now on 3rd Oct..unless they cancel that one too.

I`ve had enough.

I`m coming off this site as I cant read anymore negative stories.

Thanks for your kindness.

Bye.x

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @polluanna1052, perhaps the layout of the discussion should be slightly different? 
    It is really sad to go thought recent topics and to see all topics related to one subject indeed. 
    It can truly put people off for a bit. Perhaps should be help advice section separately in another  part as a separate layout on page? @Sam_Scope can you think of idea to rearrange the online forum layout to keep all benefits discussion in separate column? @AlexW_Scope could you consider this as well? 
    I do understand how @pollyanna1052 is feeling. it is truly hard to see how many people struggle with fights over the benefits. 
    Sometime there is no other topics to discuss than just benefits for almost 3 pages along. 

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052
    Firstly, I am sorry to hear you have had another f2f cancelled, that is awful and must have caused you so much stress. You sound very frustrated, which is totally understandable.

Secondly, I am sorry that you feel there are a lot of negative stories here, I understand where you are coming from. It is hard as this is somewhere people come in crisis to ask for help so there will always be difficult stories to read here. Yet I totally understand that it can be really hard to see so many people in crisis.

Your comments have been passed on to the community manager, we are always wanting to improve the service here on the community for our members and your feedback is important to us.

If you need to take a break, or to leave us altogether, then we will all be sad to see you go as you are a valued member of the community but you have to do what feels right to you at this time. If you would like to come back at any point, then you would be warmly welcomed.

In the meantime, if you'd like more one to one support, you could call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333.

Best of luck to you
    Sam 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pollyanna1052   Sorry to hear this .  I know having been on here for two years.

Even my good self have to take a break have a respite. Your not alone.

I am sorry about your assessment I know that is not helping you.  Is there anything there I can be supportive with.?

All I can add always like what you write, your honesty and openness.

I know met a valued member of our community.

Please if I can help with anything anytime wish to chat always happy.To PM.  When ever you want to.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that! 
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Not all PIP stories are negative, mine went really well.
    We just hear more about the bad PIP stories because those people need help.
    The people like me are happy with PIP so don't really feel the need to post so much. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. You will always find the bad stories on an internet forum, which ever one you go to. The good stories aren't often told because if someone's had a decision they are happy with they have no questions to ask so we don't hear their story.

Myself and my daughter claim PIP, myself for physical conditions and my daughter for ASD and a learning disability and we've never had any problems at all. We've both had reviews, my daughters award stayed the same with Enhanced both parts and my mobility was increased.

We've never had a bad assessment report and all HCP's have been very understanding. My daughters first PIP assessment was at home and the HCP even rang before he came to tell me he was on his way so i could prepare my daughter. She didn't really understand why he was there and just sat on the chair in the room while i did all the talking. (i'm her appointee)

All my assessments have been good, very polite, helpful and understanding HCPs, even for the ESA assessments.

Hopefully your next assessment will go ahead and you'll have a lovely understanding HCP because i'm proof that the nice ones really are out there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Peter12345
    Peter12345 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Dear Pollyanna,    I simply just wanted to send you a hug and some well meaning advice..   Try and stay calm.   Try and do everything you can to keep your cool.  
    Hopefully you will be able to sleep well and take stock tomorrow..  And if not the next day.
    I really hope you have someone to talk to..  If not then you are more than welcome to vent on me. 
    Sending you strength. 
    Pete 

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @pollyanna1052 I'm sorry you are feeling so low. You always write helpful posts and make people welcome. I hope these supportive messages will lift you a bit. It's dreadful that your f2f has been cancelled again! 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @pollyanna1052 enjoy your break, i hope the weather holds out for you
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    I hope you have a lovely time, @pollyanna1052 and come back feeling refreshed. I have happy memories of seeing the Illuminations many years ago.

Every best wish.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I hope you have a great time in Blackpool. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I hope you have a lovely break away and come back refreshed.  I'm sorry to hear you are so upset and can understand your frustration.  You must do what is right for you, but I hope you decide to stay with us as you will be missed on the Community.  Your posts give so much hope to others and are so friendly.  I enjoy reading them.  I hope you are ok and please take care.  x  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Please ignore this post...i`m better now thanks! xxxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.