Payment not in — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment not in

nic0507
nic0507 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi
I'm sorry to bother you. I'm in bits it's the middle of the night & I get my ESA every fortnight. 
It's not in, the dont open until 8, I suffer with a heart problem and it feels like its going to burst with worry. 

Comments

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Hello fellow insomniac!

Payments do not necessarily arrive in your account on the stroke of midnight, @nic0507 . I am due a PIP payment today but I have just checked and it has not arrived yet. I would be very surprised if your payment and my payment are not in our accounts by 0800.

I have never known DWP miss a scheduled payment in over twenty years of being on disability benefits. There are rare circumstances where a claim is suspended and payments are not made, though the claimant usually knows about this in advance.

If you can, try to relax and trust that this will likely sort itself out.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

My payments never arrive in my bank until after 4.30am. If you still haven't received payment then you'll need to ring them when they open and they will tell you what's going on. It's most likely something simple.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nic0507
    Thank you all for your kind words  it's not arrived as yet so looks like I'll be phoning them.  I'm ever so sorry just i get worried
  • poppy123456
    No need to be sorry, it is a worry when payments don't arrive when they should.

May i ask if you've been sent another work capability assessment form recently? Or been to a face to face assessment for a reassessment?

Or have you recently been awarded another benefit such as PIP or were you claiming PIP or DLA and this has recently stopped?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to think of reasons why you haven't received payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nic0507
    I'm on pip and applied for the enhancement which I had a home assessment
    I didnt get the enhancement and everything stayed the same. 
  • nic0507
    Would it have been stopped because of that. 
    I worry as ive so many Bill's due I'll really poorly with my heart and it's got me on pieces with my anxiety 
  • poppy123456
    That wouldn't have affected your ESA payments. If you haven't a reassessment for ESA and you're not in the WRAG claiming contributions based then there won't be any reasons for your money to stop.

Do be aware that waiting times for them to answer the phone are very often long and can be up to 1 hour but it's a free number so please continue to hold and someone will eventually answer. Do let us know once you've found out.
  • nic0507
    Thank you so very much for your help. It is much appreciated. Thank you. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @nic0507 and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm sorry this has worried you so much, I hope you get through to them quickly this morning and they can sort this out for you. Please let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nic0507
     :) Thank you to everyone of you who have responded to me. I've phoned them and apparently due to the pip decision I had to have a manual payment for this fortnight's ESA but it would mean I wouldn't recieve it until Monday  so the lady recalled the payment and made a direct payment which can take up to midnight tonight, however she said it's usually a couple of hours  I've had no sleep what so ever due to this, even the woman on the phone said the person who had done it manually would've noticed I would not have got paid today, yet still went ahead. I've a heart condition called long QT syndrome and any distress, anxiety worry etc can cause a SCA I've had 2 to date and i have an internal defibrillator.  I get so worked up. 
    Thank you very kindly again however for all your help. 
  • nic0507
    I hope I can help someone in the same way on here x ty x 

• poppy123456
    Glad you got it sorted, i had a feeling it was something simple. Sometimes a new award can temporary affect a benefit, even though it was the same award which doesn't make sense.

Try to relax now, put your feet up and have a long nap :)
  • nic0507
    Thank you so very much. X

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    I'm really glad you got it sorted @nic0507 - well done on working with DWP to get an explanation and find a solution.

This community is here for you when you need us or simply want to join in. It was a pleasure to respond to you in the middle of the night and hopefully provide a measure of reassurance. Being alone, scared and ill is never pleasant.
  • nic0507
    It's not nice I must admit. I'm very grateful to you all for your reassurance. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.