esa work assesment form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa work assesment form

Options
nickstar
nickstar Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi.new here.is anyone on here able to help me fill out my esa work caperbility assesment form?

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @nickstar

Remember this is your chance to tell DWP as much as possible about your disability and how it affects you. Make a list of your impairments as well, you can refer to them as you complete the form. 

Give dates of when you were diagnosed too. Write about what you cannot do independently on the form- this is so they can understand why you cannot work. State if you are on meds, what the side effects are and so on. 

Read all the questions properly. Make sure you understand what they mean. 

If you need additional help, give CAB a call or see their question by question guide to ESA here-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid that no one on an internet forum can help you fill out the form because no one here knows exactly how your conditions affect your ability to work. The only person that knows that is yourself.

You could try a local advice agency near you, this link will help you find what's local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/

Do be aware that the form must be returned no later than the date stated in the letter. Failure to return it by that date and you could be found fit for work for failing to return.

Make sure you send evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nickstar and a warm welcome to the community. Face to face advice is more appropriate, the link Poppy has provided should help. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can do to help.
    Scope

• nickstar
    nickstar Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou all.i had one f2f but last time filled out esa i sent all my hospital notes(about 50 pages)and got awarded into support group straight away.my condition has worsened since then so guess i just be honest about how badly all my conditions affect me and send all the consultants notes as have had last 6 month n iv treatment at home

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.