Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
severe disability premium
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. A couple of weeks ago I saw on social media about this premium. A year ago me and my partner got put on to Uc he used to be on ESA and I lost my job and the job centre said we had to make a claim to uc. Now we have just found out that we are entitled to this premium my sister is my husband carer I know he can't recived this but I can. We need some help. I've been in talks with uc over this and they say they can't backdated it and talk to CAB I've tryed today but need to phone up on Monday to book an appointment. I used to be on esa and before that I was on incapacity benefit all ways had DLA and pip. 2 years ago esa said im not sick enough anymore so had to find a job.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.