Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hiya from Norwich!
I'm glad I found y'all! I hope to be able to meet like minded people, possibly make a friend or two, and help out any way I can with all the various DWP headaches one goes through (climbed that hideous mountain). I'm a firm believer in striving to take control of your disability, not let it control you. I personally suffer from chronic lower back pain, due to nerve impingement. The medical community have put me out to pasture, as they believe there is nothing more they can do for me (been refused surgery, as well). So I, too, am in the "grin and bear it" situation most of us are in. I hope to meet more of you on here, and will be more than happy to be a sounding board, if needed. All the best for a meaningful and productive life for everyone! ?
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.