Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
First time here. I think I want to rant more than anything. My 9 year old has ASD. I applied for DLA for him and got refused. Appealed and got refused again based on a report from the school that they requested. I checked with the school and they have told me that no one has done a report, they didn't even get a request. It is only a small school and all the staff are brilliant, I know they would of backed me up. I have applied for a tribunal. The system is a joke. The extra money would help so much, I go through a lot of bedding and washing liquid, clothes (he chews and pulls clothes apart) and blu take (he fiddles with it). It's just so infuriating. They were provided with plenty of evidence. Thanks for reading.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.