What’s your favourite curry?
This week (7th- 13th October) is National Curry Week!
I don’t know about you, but I always feel that having a curry is such a wholesome and fulfilling meal. It also reminds me of sitting down with the family.
To celebrate you can grab 25% off by visiting their website and putting in your postcode.
Curry for Change
There also is an official national curry week charity, Curry for Change.
It wouldn’t be National Curry Week if we didn’t share some recipes! @thespiceman has very kindly come to our rescue and shared some of his favourites.
Chilli chicken curry
- Chicken Thighs per person two.
- Skin removed.
- Onions used two large ones diced up.
- Garlic Ginger Paste from a jar 1 tsp.
- Spices Cayenne one quarter of a teaspoon or use Chilli Powder.
- Cumin 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala, Turmeric, Cinnamon, half teaspoon of each.
- o coat season Chicken Black Pepper, Salt, Paprika, Chilli Powder half teaspoon of each. Use a freezer bag, does help.
- Can of chopped Tomatoes, Coriander chopped to add.
- Serve with Rice, Chickpeas.
- In a stockpot add oil. Onions colour and season add on a medium heat.
- Add Chicken seal and colour add spices, touch of water plus chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for forty minutes.
- Add Coriander last.
- Serve with Chickpeas and Rice.
- You can use a slow cooker add everything in on low for around four to six hours.
Chickpea potato spinach curry
- You will need any Curry Paste used Balti or Korma.
- One can of Coconut milk.
- One Onion diced up.
- Chickpeas, Potatoes used Baby diced up about four diced.
- Spinach frozen microwave a portion touch of water. Drain and squeeze out.
- Chopped Coriander.
- Add to a blender. Curry paste, tin of Coconut Milk plus Onions. Or use a food processor.
- Add Sauce to a stockpot with oil. Add Potatoes colour and coat in sauce. make sure tender after ten minutes. On a medium heat bring to a boil and simmer.
- Drain Chickpeas and add Spinach. Add Coriander stir in.
Thanks again @thespiceman, I’ll definitely have to try the chickpea potato spinach curry!
What is your favourite curry? Do you have a recipe to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Tell us what you think?
Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.