Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
New member looking for support, advice, and friends
Hello my name is Rachel and I live in Gloucestershire. I am married with 4 children. I had many problems in all my pregnancies. My eldest was born 10 weeks premature, 2nd was footling breach, 3rd I suffered with depression during and after. My youngest was born at 31 weeks, due to placenta previa. I suffered a massive blood loss, and was rushed into surgery. When they removed my placenta I bled out and my heart stopped. Myself and baby were both on life support machine. 2 weeks after he came home, I fell down the stairs and broke my back. A year later I had 3 disks prolapse. After 5 years my consultant found my nerves was in the wrong place. An I also have scoliosis. He operated last August, and I'm now in pain both legs. I have IBS, Anxiety disorder, depression, insecure, paranoid. I want to be me again
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.