New member looking for support, advice, and friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New member looking for support, advice, and friends

MuM_2_4_kids
MuM_2_4_kids Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Rachel and I live in Gloucestershire. I am married with 4 children. I had many problems in all my pregnancies. My eldest was born 10 weeks premature, 2nd was footling breach, 3rd I suffered with depression during and after. My youngest was born at 31 weeks, due to placenta previa. I suffered a massive blood loss, and was rushed into surgery. When they removed my placenta I bled out and my heart stopped. Myself and baby were both on life support machine. 2 weeks after he came home, I fell down the stairs and broke my back. A year later I had 3 disks prolapse. After 5 years my consultant found my nerves was in the wrong place. An I also have scoliosis.  He operated last August, and I'm now in pain both legs. I have IBS, Anxiety disorder, depression, insecure, paranoid. I want to be me again 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    edited October 2019
    Hi @MuM_2_4_kids, thank you so much for sharing with us. It sounds like you've been through an enormous amount over the last few years. We have a fantastic and friendly community here, so I hope you'll be able to get all the support and advice you need.
    Please take a look around, (particularly in our Coffee Lounge if you fancy a chat), and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MuM_2_4_kids   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what your going through. You have come to the right place. For information, advice and friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please have a look at our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything. Some one will know a member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @MuM_2_4_kids I'm Emma, one of the Community Champions. Welcome to the community. The community is a lovely bunch so if you need anything or have any questions we'll all be happy to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MuM_2_4_kids. Welcome to the community. Do you have any questions to ask us? 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Rachel....flippin` `eck! You`ve been through the mill chuck.
    Hope this forum helps...it has me!
    xxx
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mum24kids and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  You have been through so much and can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling, but you have come to the right place for support, advice and friendship.  The Community is a lovely, friendly space for caring and sharing so please take a look around the site and take part in any of the discussions.  You will always meet new friends on here who are willing to chat to you and listen.  We are all here for you so if you need anything then please just give us a shout.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Colinsaved26
    Colinsaved26 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    youre story sound very emotive i thought i had it tough but you've made me feel like fighting on and not just being down and grumoy and grumbling about stuff its better to fight on
                                                                                                                                 its always darkest before the dawn                             
                                                                                                                                 some times you have to go into a black Darkness before you see the brilliant sunshine

Brightness