PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pensioner pip

amyturtleamyturtle Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
I'm a pensioner on pip. Will I  still have a pip review . I know the rules have supposably  changed stating that all pensioners to be placed on ongoing awards but is it for real.

Replies

• Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi @amyturtle

Welcome to the Community.

The DWP announced the change from 31st May 2019. It originally applied to people who claim after that date who will be over State Pension age when their review would have been due. They will now be entitled to the light touch review at 10 years.

There was then an announcement in July 2019 that this would be extended to all pensioners who are claiming PIP.

As I understand it, this is now in place. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • amyturtleamyturtle Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you. My award was to be reviewed after Sept 2019 at what point will the dwp  contact me with a update of what's happening?
  • Joanne_ScopeJoanne_Scope Scope helpline, Scope adviser Posts: 190 Pioneering
    Hi, 

I am surprised that you have not heard anything from them as the date has passed. I assume that you are still being paid?

Joanne 
    Scope
    Awarded until 2020 but states to be reviewed after  sept 2019.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews are now taking place 6 months before the claim ends and not 1 year. You'll most likely hear from them around that time.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,955

Scope community team

Hi @amyturtle and welcome to the community. I hope these answers have helped, but please just shout if there's anything else we can help you with. :smile:
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Thank you. So am I correct in thinking then. That ALL existing pip pensioners regardless of their award levels etc will  be automatically placed on  an ongoing award. With a light touch review when due.
  • grubergruber Posts: 29 Member
    The info coming from the DWP is that they will be giving 10 year awards to those that they decide to be entitled. In none of the official reports does it say everyone will get that award.
Sign in or join us to comment.