Pensioner pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pensioner pip

amyturtle
amyturtle Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm a pensioner on pip. Will I  still have a pip review . I know the rules have supposably  changed stating that all pensioners to be placed on ongoing awards but is it for real.

Comments

• Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @amyturtle

Welcome to the Community.

The DWP announced the change from 31st May 2019. It originally applied to people who claim after that date who will be over State Pension age when their review would have been due. They will now be entitled to the light touch review at 10 years.

There was then an announcement in July 2019 that this would be extended to all pensioners who are claiming PIP.

As I understand it, this is now in place. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Joanne 
    Scope
  • amyturtle
    Thank you. My award was to be reviewed after Sept 2019 at what point will the dwp  contact me with a update of what's happening?
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi, 

I am surprised that you have not heard anything from them as the date has passed. I assume that you are still being paid?

Joanne 
    Scope
  • amyturtle
    Awarded until 2020 but states to be reviewed after  sept 2019.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews are now taking place 6 months before the claim ends and not 1 year. You'll most likely hear from them around that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @amyturtle and welcome to the community. I hope these answers have helped, but please just shout if there's anything else we can help you with. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • amyturtle
    Thank you. So am I correct in thinking then. That ALL existing pip pensioners regardless of their award levels etc will  be automatically placed on  an ongoing award. With a light touch review when due.
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    The info coming from the DWP is that they will be giving 10 year awards to those that they decide to be entitled. In none of the official reports does it say everyone will get that award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.