Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is this OCD?
i support my son who has Asperger,anxiety and depression. Lately he’s developed an obsession to YouTube videos. All current affairs news items and conspiracy theories. Nothing wrong with that but now he can’t watch without constant rewinding to make sure he hasn’t missed anything. It’s taken over to the exclusion of anything else. I seem to have been enlisted to view with him and stop the rewinding. Is this support or enabling? Desperate to know what to do to help without exacerbating the problem? Thank you
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.