The power of music on your mental health - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The power of music on your mental health

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good luck @KnobblyKnees. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jaanu38
    Jaanu38 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I have a multitude of health problems and I'm disabled but I don't let that affect me. I enjoy going to live music shows occasionally even though it's tiring but it really lifts me up. Some venues might offer 2 for 1 carers tickets, always worth asking. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
    Options
    What do you like to go and see @Jaanu38?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jaanu38
    Options
    Hi I like to go and see live Bollywood music, theatre, dance performances, stage shows. I have grown up with Bollywood since I was a child so it is something that has an extremely positive effect on my mental health and overall wellbeing.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They all sound lovely! Have you seen any recently @Jaanu38? :)
    Scope

• Jaanu38
    Options
    They all sound lovely! Have you seen any recently @Jaanu38? :)
    Hi Chloe yes...went to a Bollywood live show in June... I try to go when possible although just depends on how I am feeling.  But when I am there it's absolutely amazing and I can forget about my problems.  
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Options
    I mostly listen to rock and indie stuff. However when I really want to relax I like listening to film soundtracks and also 80s style Synthesizer music like NewRetroWave on YouTube.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    That's great to hear @Jaanu38, I bet that was amazing!

I love film tracks as well @M_Anthony! The theory of everything is a really relaxing one. :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    I would never go out if it wasn't for music. I stuffer with Depression and anxious along with a few other things. I have a walker and I'm very aware of the way people look at me which makes my anxious become worse...so I brought myself some headphones and listen to my music and just get on with being out... I enjoy listening to Spotify. People can be so rude and stare at ya if your different and I think it's not fair..but hey that's life. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @AlisonNetty, thank you for sharing this with us, but I'm sorry for people staring and making you uncomfortable. I can get anxious when I'm on trains as I just find them really overwhelming if it is busy. Buying noise cancelling headphones was the best thing I did!

Do you like a specific type of music? I find spotify is great for playlists! :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.