The power of music on your mental health - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The power of music on your mental health

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good luck @KnobblyKnees. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jaanu38
    Jaanu38 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I have a multitude of health problems and I'm disabled but I don't let that affect me. I enjoy going to live music shows occasionally even though it's tiring but it really lifts me up. Some venues might offer 2 for 1 carers tickets, always worth asking. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    What do you like to go and see @Jaanu38?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jaanu38
    Options
    Hi I like to go and see live Bollywood music, theatre, dance performances, stage shows. I have grown up with Bollywood since I was a child so it is something that has an extremely positive effect on my mental health and overall wellbeing.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They all sound lovely! Have you seen any recently @Jaanu38? :)
    Scope

• Jaanu38
    Options
    They all sound lovely! Have you seen any recently @Jaanu38? :)
    Hi Chloe yes...went to a Bollywood live show in June... I try to go when possible although just depends on how I am feeling.  But when I am there it's absolutely amazing and I can forget about my problems.  
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Options
    I mostly listen to rock and indie stuff. However when I really want to relax I like listening to film soundtracks and also 80s style Synthesizer music like NewRetroWave on YouTube.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    That's great to hear @Jaanu38, I bet that was amazing!

I love film tracks as well @M_Anthony! The theory of everything is a really relaxing one. :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    I would never go out if it wasn't for music. I stuffer with Depression and anxious along with a few other things. I have a walker and I'm very aware of the way people look at me which makes my anxious become worse...so I brought myself some headphones and listen to my music and just get on with being out... I enjoy listening to Spotify. People can be so rude and stare at ya if your different and I think it's not fair..but hey that's life. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @AlisonNetty, thank you for sharing this with us, but I'm sorry for people staring and making you uncomfortable. I can get anxious when I'm on trains as I just find them really overwhelming if it is busy. Buying noise cancelling headphones was the best thing I did!

Do you like a specific type of music? I find spotify is great for playlists! :)
    Scope

Brightness