Check in how do we feel today - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Check in how do we feel today

Options

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ?I'm happy today
    Sorry to read that @AlisonNetty

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I feel ok at the moment but not sure that will last all day.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you are okay @deb74, do you have any plans for today?
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    Hi Chloe_Scope. Not got anything planned for today apart from the dog for a stroll down the river bank later. 
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hope your stroll went well @deb74!
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    It did thanks!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Really glad to hear this @deb74! :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    Don't want to tempt fate but for the last couple of days I have felt ok. Not in too much pain not sure how long that will last though. The you know what will hit the fan eventually. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ?I'm doing well today
    Hello @deb74 Please have a look at this website.

https://www.awaywithpain.co.uk.

Website deals with coping methods and strategies to be dealing with any pain.

Lots of information, advice.

Please is there anything I can advise on, just a thought.

As one of the community champions on the forum.

Have also any relevant organisations and charities might be useful in supporting you.

Please let me know contact me, see what I can do for you.

One suggestion is to look at Community Health Unit who has a wellbeing unit.  This is a service run by your local council look on their webpages.

Looking at everything health and pain, one to one support. All free.

I used this with my own pain and addiction history.

Healthy outlook, looking at everything, diet, nutrition.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ?It could be better
    Not too bad today all things considered
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    feeling very frustrated and very angry at the quack doctor in the A&E who misdiagnosed my first stroke as a chest infection and failed to give me the clt busting medication which would have prevented my second stroke which left me disabled I was very active before but can do nothing now and when I get like this I find a lot of things make me very angry, like the fat woman who I have just seen on the TV with loads of kids living on benefits, playing football in the park before loading them all into a people carrier provided on the mobility scheme because she has a bad back, then during the adverts we see Ian Botham complaining that his legs ache when he goes for a walk, I am sure I have early onset meldrewitis
  • mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Options
    ?I'm doing well today
    confused: I have been saving for some new furniture now I have the money I just can't commit to buying what I have saved for. I keep looking at it online but just cannot bring myself to buy it. I'm scared I will need the money in future or an emergency will come up and I will regret spending my savings. its frustrating because I know it goes back to my childhood poverty and a fear of wasting money on myself.
    i have set myself the goal of buying the furniture today and to stop worrying.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ?I'm doing well today
    Hello @mrbuttons   Thank you for sharing this is a natural feeling I know of around anxiety.

The problems you identified are similar to many people like my self the fear factors being poor, poverty what if and more feelings, emotions around money.

I was one time rich and had money from jobs, business . Turnover and profits massive, run my home like a business.

Now lost the lot due to business folding now rags benefits lots of regrets so now still.

So with money need to do this, can understand everything.

To reassure you I am going through the process of looking at everything to replace at home, eventually.

Understand concerns DWP or other struggles or issues with these assessments.

I have to do this, I do think you have to too.

I would look at a plan use a diary make notes, make a target day. You could change that, we do feel responsible be practical any of us have these situations.

Life is all about security being good to you self.

Not being good to yourself and not being kind or having the things you want can be detrimental to your mental health.

Depression and worse the anxiety sets in and wrong decisions choices made.

I had a former friend who I used to ask to come with me reluctantly me anxious on edge spending . I had the same what you are going through, made wrong choice felt rushed and regrets sank in.

New cooker, laptop last week as I could with some one else the right choice makes my whole being uplifting and happy the best I can be.

The other story I do know is a former friend spent a lifetime saving, scrimping and money never spent it.

Come old age, the home, the way he was living. He literally staving himself for what. Had a expanding bulging banks accounts.

Died lonely no one around and made no will.  All the money went to the Government got the lot, never married had no family.

All I know do you want that, does happen if you read the papers.  There always those columns from legal teams asking for relatives mention the name to come forward.

Programmes on TV have highlighted the problems of whole estates massive amounts of money being given to The Government.

If you live alone have no family. We need to be content happy find solace.

Two points why not you saved and well done to you.

As for anything happening future you are here a member of our community. We will be here any problems financial or other.

You could make a plan spend every six months build it up and then have a look at everything. Make a purchase.

Another point one more, look on line, a lot of good stuff out there.

AMAZON great.

Prime account being buying myself bulk buys home, so those items we continue to purchase so expensive supermarket.

Learnt this from market traders friends.  Used to go to their homes have garages full of trays of tins they used all the time, ingredients.  Household goods.

Worth the time, energy to look and make a decision then you have no need to concerns about food as you have it already there.

You must remember huge mark ups on household goods toilet bathroom goods in supermarkets . See the aisles the webpages.

Toiletries, household goods, my Italian ingredients.  So that means have no need to buy these every supermarket shop.

Means more money in the bank account and more purchases eventually.

Love a savvy shopper and hope you enjoy your furniture .

Life is so short as some one remarked you can not take it with you.  To me lately .

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    today I have 2 separate feelings

1. carer didn't turn up...no phonecall or text...so hubby had to step in and sort me out...rang agency an hour later....`Oh, very very sorry Pauline. I didn't put you into the rota. So so sorry.`

2. started making a ragdoll bunny....not going as I had hoped........mmmm...hand given up now so leave it a couple of days...

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    It sounds like today hasn't been the easiest @pollyanna1052! I'm sorry they forgot to put you on the rota, that's not fair at all!

I hope your hands start to feel okay soon. I'm sure we'd love to see the ragdoll bunny!
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    I am glad it is finally the 16th of January. I have been waiting five weeks for my doctors appointment (it feels more like five months) I have got my appointment this afternoon.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I really hope it goes okay @deb74. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Options
    Hi Chloe_Scope. Thanks! I will let you know what the doctor says.
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi Chloe_Scope. I have been to the doctors and he wants me to go back again in another couple of months time. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.