Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

If you could do any job putting aside your disability

66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 4,634 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2019 in Coffee lounge
and disregarding any required qualifications, what would it be?

For me it would be a pilot or an astrophysicist. 

Replies

• April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    For me it would be a air stewardess. For my partner it would be a teacher (he has undiagnosed moderate dyslexia). Interesting question. 
  • Tony246Tony246 Member Posts: 8 Connected
    I met a pilot a couple of weeks ago when I was fishing. He told me he wants to be a police traffic officer because his job was boring. 

Food taster would suit me
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Balloonist, pilot, astronaut, novelist or illustrator please. Let me know when you find someone who'll take me on @66Mustang!
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 4,634 Disability Gamechanger
    Great responses so far. :smiley:

My other idea was army ... all the opportunities sound great. If a commercial pilot is boring maybe then I’d combine them and be a RAF or army pilot. :smiley:
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,915 Disability Gamechanger
    A Paediatric neurologist; a Michelin star chef; writer; artist.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,998 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe I had the perfect job before this rotten gate crashed came into my life.

For 12 years I worked on local tourism.
    In Halifax and I ran the wonderful Piece Hall Tourist Information Centre. We had visitors from all over the world. I learned a bit of Japanese and my school girl French and Spanish came in handy too.
     I also ran the Hebden Bridge centre too. Another chance to meet people form all walks of life.

Give me my legs back and I`d do exactly the same.....
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,108 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a few a food critic a travel reviewer or hotel inspector. More serious occupation a lawyer. Or a more relaxed job a sun bed attendant in some tropical location 
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,423 Disability Gamechanger
    I would love to be a wedding planner, Support for patients who are in Intensive Care, and their families. 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd love to be a secondary school teacher, an occupational therapist or writer.

But sign me up to the online community astronaut adventure!!!  :D  
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    I think my son and daughter would be a toymaker or a toy shop owner. Last time we took the twins to the local toyshop at the mall, they loved it. The twin’s bedroom is full of all kinds of toys. I must sell some soon. 
  • WhileIBreathIHopeWhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Member
    An interesting question,
    1)Nuclear physicist at dawn of nuclear era- no tickling dragons tail.
    2)More down to earth a job with a gold plated final salary pension with an new car every 3 years and a middle class lifestyle with the holidays I could never afford Disney Land USA, Space centre.
    3) A secure lifestyle with no worry of bills though door or dreaded Brown envelope with DLA stopped at any time. Every day I wonder the impact on our children of scraping by.

Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
    66Mustang said:
    Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
    Suitcases full of money, exotic locations travelling the world with beautiful women 
    ahh

Mr Bond
    or 
    A Bond Super Villain and simply liquidation of Bond rather than playing with him and allowing him to Escape.

How about a Royal-you can race cars, have jet set lifestyles and are a state sponsored scrounger, but perfectly ok as Royalty
  • CraftychocoCraftychoco Member Posts: 4 Connected
    I would go back to my previous job before I became ill, which was working with under 5s either I  preschools/nursery, especially in a SEN role.
    But I would like to do that part time and the rest of the time I would go professional making cards and crafts to sell at craft fares etc. 
    Willy Wonka and chocolate factory seeing as in the fictional section.
    Some great ideas!!
    Politician, spout lies with an undetermined time line and get paid stupid amounts of money for verbal diarrhoea 
  • mrbuttonsmrbuttons Member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    When i was in primary school I wanted to be an archaeologist after learning about ancient Rome. but by the end of my formal 'education' all such ambitions were knocked out of me.
    now my dream job would be a teacher for inner-city youngsters. i would love to see them realise their dreams instead of becoming disillusioned and waste their potential because society has so little expectation for them to be successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I'd be a carer for disabled people or do some sort of work with animals or computers. The caring is something I took an interest in years ago when I was helping my ex partners Mum with respite, she ran her own business/service and the animals and computers are two interests of mine that I've wanted to do since I was in my teens.
    Seeing as complete make believe so without being non binary or transsexual 

House Wife Margo Leadbetter, from good life would be someone who had a gardener, house keeper etc. 

Walton’s wood and timber worker.

Rich Country Land Owner.
    Assassin...I'm already brilliant at espionage and creeping around silently... :smirk::D

Slightly more realistically would be some sort of international historian/archaeologist.  If I had to pick one area it would be an Egyptologist...digging up treasure from 5000 years ago and using the information gained from that to update our old perceptions of their civilisation. :) 

Actually is it was assassin under cover as a holiday maker- Drug kingpins and human trafficker’s, I’d happily oblige 
  • emmarenshawemmarenshaw Member Posts: 712 Pioneering
    Primary School Teacher/Learning Support Assistant. World traveller/ Bake Off Taste Tester.
    Part of A Team or Macgyver as I routinely notice poor security, defective locks etc 
    pentester perhaps 
    YouTuber and when Outed for disabilities-be popular to point it was non news- fantasy land 
    I asked my disabled little sister this question. Her response was either a physical education teacher or a fitness class instructor. 
  • MontyMooMontyMoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I would love to do something I did years ago. I love working with under 5's and would really love to be able to do it again.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

I can imagine it's really rewarding working with young children @MontyMoo! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Banksy that shredded art was great.
    Paint art for groups to sell to fund things- almost as good as a money tree.
  • MontyMooMontyMoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I think it's the best job. It is very satisfying you see them grow and flourish and to think that you have had a hand in them getting there.
    Alternatively I don't mind working on a pumpkin patch! I love pumpkins. 
Sign in or join us to comment.