If you could do any job putting aside your disability — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you could do any job putting aside your disability

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2019 in Coffee lounge
and disregarding any required qualifications, what would it be?

For me it would be a pilot or an astrophysicist. 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For me it would be a air stewardess. For my partner it would be a teacher (he has undiagnosed moderate dyslexia). Interesting question. 
  • Tony246
    Tony246 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I met a pilot a couple of weeks ago when I was fishing. He told me he wants to be a police traffic officer because his job was boring. 

Food taster would suit me
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Balloonist, pilot, astronaut, novelist or illustrator please. Let me know when you find someone who'll take me on @66Mustang!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Great responses so far. :smiley:

My other idea was army ... all the opportunities sound great. If a commercial pilot is boring maybe then I’d combine them and be a RAF or army pilot. :smiley:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A Paediatric neurologist; a Michelin star chef; writer; artist.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I believe I had the perfect job before this rotten gate crashed came into my life.

For 12 years I worked on local tourism.
    In Halifax and I ran the wonderful Piece Hall Tourist Information Centre. We had visitors from all over the world. I learned a bit of Japanese and my school girl French and Spanish came in handy too.
     I also ran the Hebden Bridge centre too. Another chance to meet people form all walks of life.

Give me my legs back and I`d do exactly the same.....
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a few a food critic a travel reviewer or hotel inspector. More serious occupation a lawyer. Or a more relaxed job a sun bed attendant in some tropical location 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would love to be a wedding planner, Support for patients who are in Intensive Care, and their families. 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd love to be a secondary school teacher, an occupational therapist or writer.

But sign me up to the online community astronaut adventure!!!  :D  
    Scope

• April2018mom
    Options
    I think my son and daughter would be a toymaker or a toy shop owner. Last time we took the twins to the local toyshop at the mall, they loved it. The twin’s bedroom is full of all kinds of toys. I must sell some soon. 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Options
    An interesting question,
    1)Nuclear physicist at dawn of nuclear era- no tickling dragons tail.
    2)More down to earth a job with a gold plated final salary pension with an new car every 3 years and a middle class lifestyle with the holidays I could never afford Disney Land USA, Space centre.
    3) A secure lifestyle with no worry of bills though door or dreaded Brown envelope with DLA stopped at any time. Every day I wonder the impact on our children of scraping by.

• 66Mustang
    Options
    Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Maybe a job where getting a brown envelope isn’t dreaded but in fact a nice bonus, like a politician :wink::smiley:
    Suitcases full of money, exotic locations travelling the world with beautiful women 
    ahh

Mr Bond
    or 
    A Bond Super Villain and simply liquidation of Bond rather than playing with him and allowing him to Escape.

How about a Royal-you can race cars, have jet set lifestyles and are a state sponsored scrounger, but perfectly ok as Royalty
  • Craftychoco
    Craftychoco Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Options
    I would go back to my previous job before I became ill, which was working with under 5s either I  preschools/nursery, especially in a SEN role.
    But I would like to do that part time and the rest of the time I would go professional making cards and crafts to sell at craft fares etc. 
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    Options
    Willy Wonka and chocolate factory seeing as in the fictional section.
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    Some great ideas!!

Brightness