Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello I'm new
Hi I just joined and wanted to say hello. I'm dawn and I have osteoarthritis in my hands and wrists mostly. I hadm an operation to remove one of the bones in my right thumb and replace it with a piece of tendon because the bone had crumbled. I am in constant pain but i some days it's worse than others. Today it took me a while to open the coffee (mostly using my forearms). It's my day off today. Work's harder these days and I've dropped a day. I'm an artist in my spare time and I've adapted my painting style to compensate. The slow movement helps my joints to not seize up. I hate it when I'm shopping and people are tutting behind me because I'm slow and have to use my forearms to pick up tins because I can't grip heavier objects. The highlight of my week was I got some great scissors that use palm pressure so I can now open bacon!! Hope your days are filled with little triumphs because they keep us going..... Off to make my bacon sandwich have a lovely day ?
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 844 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.