PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

PIP update

pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,999 Disability Gamechanger
Yesterday I got a letter from DWP, letting me know that they have all the info they need for my PIP claim. They will let me know their decision in due course.

Ok, so now I HAVE to sit back and wait. I NEED to calm myself down. It overtook my thinking and caused me too much stress. Hubby was like that too and it hasn`t done us any good at all.

I will stop reading and commenting on PIP issues now.

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,182 Disability Gamechanger
    @pollyanna1052, nows the time to request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052, I am glad things have all been sorted. Like you say, now you can relax. :)
    Fingers crossed for the decision! 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

That will just be a standard letter they send everyone and doesn't really mean anything. A decision can still take between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. I'm never sure why they continue to send out those letters to be honest.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 1,999 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    @pollyanna1052, nows the time to request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter 

Hi, decided against doing that. Rather wait and see...had enough angst for a bit.
Sign in or join us to comment.