PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP tribunal today

CoralblueCoralblue Member Posts: 6 Connected
After scoring no points at assessment or mandatory reconsideration, today is the day of my tribunal. I feel totally sick with worry. I have autism and fibromyalgia. I really don’t want to go. Any kind words anyone? 

Replies

• CoralblueCoralblue Member Posts: 6 Connected
    Today is the day of my tribunal and I feel sick with anxiety. I was awarded no points across the board at assessment and MR. (The face to face assessment was dreadful). I really don’t want to go. I have autism and fibromyalgia. Any kind words anyone? 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Remember they are totally independent to DWP and the health assessment providers. If you don't understand any question they ask, ask them to repeat it. Don't forget to take your bundle with you. Hopefully, any extra evidence you have has already been sent to them.

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision on the day, if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days but it doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made on the day.

Do you have someone to go with you?

Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • WhileIBreathIHopeWhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Member
    Good luck and give them worst case, don’t tell them the one in a million sunshine day.
    I would not advise you to tell them your worst case, sorry but this isn't good advice. PIP isn't about your worst day, it's how you're affected at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. Basing it on your worst day, if your evidence says otherwise could lead to all sorts of problems. Always tell the truth.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,105 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Coralblue The tribunal is completely different as mentioned above....just 3 people listening to how your disability affects you. I hope you may have someone to go with you for support, but anyway you'll do fine; you can do this.

Listen to Poppy; she gives excellent advice.

Please do let us know how you get on. My best wishes.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Let us know how you get on @Coralblue and best of luck today.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
    Thank you everyone. I can’t get out of bed at the moment. Everything is firing to the max in my brain. My partner is coming with me. I have written a personal statement because I’m dreading trying to find the words to explain my daily struggles. I don’t want to go.
    I've never personally been to a Tribunal for a benefit claim but having read so many stories, it's not usually as bad as you think it maybe. Fear of the unknown is always the worst, in my opinion anyway.

The panel are there to listen to you. If your partner isn't your appointee then you will need to speak for yourself during the hearing. They may ask your partner if there's anything they want to add at the end.

Fingers crossed that by the end of today, you'll have a successful Tribunal hearing and it will all be over.
    Thank you very much for your support - it really means a lot. I’m getting myself in such a state. I’ll try and update later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • paffuto10paffuto10 Member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @Coralblue

Brilliant!! 

Well done  :D

Celebrate now (if you have any strength left)  ;)

• JurphJurph Member Posts: 346 Pioneering
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,105 Disability Gamechanger
    @Coralblue Delighted to read you not only got through your Tribunal, but won it! Congratulations. So pleased you heard on the day that you were successful. Hope you can relax now.
    Thank you all for your support and good wishes. X
    Great news! Thanks for coming back to let us know the outcome. May i ask what you were awarded and for how long?

Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

That's brilliant @Coralblue, I'm really pleased for you! 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,690 Disability Gamechanger
  • naz786naz786 Member Posts: 62 Connected
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @Coralblue!! So please for you. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • pollyanna1052pollyanna1052 Member Posts: 2,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I`m so thrilled for you...sorry only just read this.
    You must be sooo relieved. Great stuff!xxx
Sign in or join us to comment.