PIP tribunal today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal today

Coralblue
Coralblue Community member Posts: 6 Connected
After scoring no points at assessment or mandatory reconsideration, today is the day of my tribunal. I feel totally sick with worry. I have autism and fibromyalgia. I really don’t want to go. Any kind words anyone? 

Comments

• Coralblue
    Today is the day of my tribunal and I feel sick with anxiety. I was awarded no points across the board at assessment and MR. (The face to face assessment was dreadful). I really don’t want to go. I have autism and fibromyalgia. Any kind words anyone? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Remember they are totally independent to DWP and the health assessment providers. If you don't understand any question they ask, ask them to repeat it. Don't forget to take your bundle with you. Hopefully, any extra evidence you have has already been sent to them.

Sometimes it's not possible to make a decision on the day, if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days but it doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made on the day.

Do you have someone to go with you?

Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WhileIBreathIHope
    WhileIBreathIHope Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Good luck and give them worst case, don’t tell them the one in a million sunshine day.
  • poppy123456
    I would not advise you to tell them your worst case, sorry but this isn't good advice. PIP isn't about your worst day, it's how you're affected at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period. Basing it on your worst day, if your evidence says otherwise could lead to all sorts of problems. Always tell the truth.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Coralblue The tribunal is completely different as mentioned above....just 3 people listening to how your disability affects you. I hope you may have someone to go with you for support, but anyway you'll do fine; you can do this.

Listen to Poppy; she gives excellent advice.

Please do let us know how you get on. My best wishes.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Let us know how you get on @Coralblue and best of luck today.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Coralblue
    Thank you everyone. I can’t get out of bed at the moment. Everything is firing to the max in my brain. My partner is coming with me. I have written a personal statement because I’m dreading trying to find the words to explain my daily struggles. I don’t want to go.
  • poppy123456
    I've never personally been to a Tribunal for a benefit claim but having read so many stories, it's not usually as bad as you think it maybe. Fear of the unknown is always the worst, in my opinion anyway.

The panel are there to listen to you. If your partner isn't your appointee then you will need to speak for yourself during the hearing. They may ask your partner if there's anything they want to add at the end.

Fingers crossed that by the end of today, you'll have a successful Tribunal hearing and it will all be over.
  • Coralblue
    Thank you very much for your support - it really means a lot. I’m getting myself in such a state. I’ll try and update later.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    @Coralblue

Brilliant!! 

Well done  :D

Celebrate now (if you have any strength left)  ;)

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Coralblue Delighted to read you not only got through your Tribunal, but won it! Congratulations. So pleased you heard on the day that you were successful. Hope you can relax now.
  • Coralblue
    Thank you all for your support and good wishes. X
  • poppy123456
    Great news! Thanks for coming back to let us know the outcome. May i ask what you were awarded and for how long?

Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant @Coralblue, I'm really pleased for you! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • naz786
    naz786 Community member Posts: 62 Connected
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @Coralblue!! So please for you. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.