Help Scope make travel fair!
A journey on public transport can be hard when you’re a disabled person. When things go wrong, sometimes those journeys can be made impossible. Inspired by stories from disabled people across the UK, including @Richard_Scope’s struggles with inaccessible stations and @Ami2301’s experiences of booked assistance and priority seating Scope are campaigning to make travel fair for all users.
All of us should be able to use public transport, but it’s not enough that only some of us are guaranteed a certain standard of service.
We want bus, train, taxi and metro companies to make a clear promise to disabled passengers about what they should be able to expect, and an easy way to complain if things go wrong with a journey.
We need your help to make them listen and to help our campaign make a difference. Please tell us what promises you want to see public transport companies make in order to make it easier for disabled people to travel.
What promises would you like companies to make? Tell us what promises would make a difference to how you travel here.
Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments