Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is southernlass!
Hi my name is marie. I had spinal surgery and it has left me with nerve damage involving my bladder bowel and one of my legs. I have chronic pain and struggle with my mobility. I try to keep busy but lost a lot of my friends once I was unable to go out clubbing or partying or be the designated driver. I am slowly building my social circle back up but find it hard to explain each time what is wrong with me. I am so glad to of found somewhere that I can say something without hopefully being judged.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.