Hi, my name is southernlass! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is southernlass!

southernlass
southernlass Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my name is marie. I had spinal surgery and it has left me with nerve damage involving my bladder bowel and one of my legs. I have chronic pain and struggle with my mobility. I try to keep busy but lost a lot of my friends once I was unable to go out clubbing or partying or be the designated driver. I am slowly building my social circle back up but find it hard to explain each time what is wrong with me. I am so glad to of found somewhere that I can say something without hopefully being judged. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @southernlass and a really warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear how much your social life has been affected but it's great to hear it's starting to improve.

We're a friendly bunch here, so please don't hesitate to get involved and if you have any questions or need any support, just let us know! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @southernlass and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, although I'm sure many of us can relate, including myself. Do you have any hobbies? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • southernlass
    southernlass Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I enjoy spending time with my family and since helping so the school run for my niece have made friends with a few of the mums so we try and meet up as often as we can. Apart from that I haven't found anything that I can fully immerse myself into yet. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @southernlass and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles.  I can relate to once having a good social life to now being restricted to what I can do, but I am glad to hear that you are building it up again and am sure you will be fine.  Nice to hear you have made friends with a few of the mums on the school run.  You will find this a great space for friendship and support as there are lots of lovely people on here.  So please feel free to look around the forum and join in any discussions that you fancy.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @southernlass :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @southernlass

Welcome to our online community/family!!!!!!!

It’s great to meet this morning????

Yes it’s a long story which I can fill you in later if required????

I have also got major bladder problems.

Too date I have had stomach reconstruction (x3)

Please please come back to me if you need any further help/support??

@steve51

Brightness